ROC-210: Intro to Parallax and Blockly
What You'll Learn
The class will get the user familiar with:
- What is the Propeller microcontroller and how do you program it:
- Assembler, Spin, Prop C, BlocklyProp
- Understanding the Philosophy of Blockly
- Installing and running BlocklyProp.
- Understanding coding control blocks
- How to use loops to do repetitive tasks
- Switching outputs and turning LEDs on and off with micro-controllers
- View the C-code that Blockly creates for your program.
- Real hardware demos: Show me, what can I do with Blocky...
- Parallax Micro-controllers
- Students should bring their own laptops, Hacker Lab has a small number of Laptops availble to use however they are offered on a first
- come-first serve basis. If you donot have your own laptop, please contact the instructor ahead of time to confirm that one will be available.