ROC-SCE: Intro to Industrial Sewing Machine
What You'll Learn
This class gets you started with an Industrial sewing machine. Learning to use the Overlock Industrial sewing machine is the next step in gaining full access to the Rocklin textile lab. This machine is also sometimes called a Serger because it serges seams (trims and sews at the same time). This class is designed to introduce you to more uses of industrial sewing machines.
For all classes:
- Bring a notebook, writing instrument, and a flashdrive to download manuals & save work.
- Students will be required to sign Hacker Lab's general liability waiver prior to the start of the class.
- This class is run in partnership with Sierra Community Education, additional Hacker Lab courses may be required in order to be certified to use Hacker Lab equipment for personal projects.
- For issues with ticketing, rescheduling, etc. please contact Sierra Community Education through their website, http://sierracommunityed.org/ .
- This class is intended as a getting started / safety / introductory class and does not provide industry recognized certifications.
For Makerspace/Shop classes:
- Closed toe shoes or leather boots are ideal, and student wearing open toed shoes will not be permitted to participate.
- Don’t wear anything that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Bring safety glasses/hearing protection if you have them.
- Long hair must be tied back.