CANCELLED: MiG Welding for Beginners - ROCWLD001
This is the basic MiG welding class required for members who'd like to use Hacker Lab's MiG welders, as well as those who are curious about MiG welding but have little to no experience. It covers the basic techniques for MIG welding through demonstration and hands on experience, but is not a comprehensive training program, nor is it designed to provide any industry certifications.
We will also discuss welding safety, and some basics about what MIG welding is and how it is applied in industry.
Each student will have a chance to make a small project as part of the class.
- Welding safety overview.
- Explanation of components and adjustments of a Lincoln or Hobart 180 MIG welder.
- Demonstration and practice of a proper weld puddle.
- Demonstration and practice of welding two pieces of steel together
- Upon completion of the class students will also be prepared to attend the Metal Fabrication Labs, which will give students an opportunity to work on their own metal fabrication projects.
- MIG Welder - Lincoln Weld-Pak 100 - ROC
Wear 100% cotton pants and a long sleeve 100% cotton shirt.
Closed toe shoes or leather boots are ideal.
Don’t wear anything that you don’t mind getting dirty and possibly burnt.
Bring safety glasses, leather gloves, welding helmet and welding jacket if you have them.
This class is a prerequisite for the Oxy-Acetylene Welding class.