1on1 w/Teri - Metalshop or MiG Welding
How It WorksSchedule your 1-on-1 session to learn how to use our equipment and get Hacker Lab certified!
Open to all Hacker Lab members, you can now sign up for your own one-on-one session with Hacker Lab instructor Teri. When selecting your ticket, simply choose which class you'd like to cover. Teri can teach you:
- Intro to MiG Welding
- Intro to Metal Fabrication
See below for the overviews of what each class covers:
Intro to MiG Welding:Take this class to learn what a MIG welding machine is and how to use one. This great intro class will cover techniques, welding safety and some basics on how MIG welding is applied in industry.
- Welding safety overview.
- Explanation of components and adjustments of a Lincoln or Hobart 180 MIG welder.
- Demonstration and practice of a proper weld puddle.
- Demonstration and practice of welding two pieces of steel together.
- Hobart MiG Welding Machine
- Lincoln MiG Welding Machine
Intro to Metal Fabrication (Metalshop):This class will cover proper use of essential tools used in metal shop. Tools include band saw, chop saw and drill press. You will get a demonstration, and then a chance to try it for yourself!
- Students will finish the class with a full understanding of the proper use of Hacker Lab metal fabrication tools.
- The instructor will take time to explain which tool can be used for which job and which material works the best.
- The tools we have will allow students to cut and join steel and aluminum.
- Chop saw
- Band saw
- Drill press
- Angle grinder
- Flat bar bender
- Tubing roller
Important Information:For all Classes:
- Please make sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early and sign our general release of liability agreement.
- While we have some PPE available, you MUST bring your own mask (N95 or greater), and we suggest you bring your own safety glasses. Masks must be worn correctly while inside the facility.
- Hacker Lab has some welding jackets, welding gloves, and welding masks - however you may bring your own as well.
- Please wear shop-appropriate clothing: long 100% cotton pants, long-sleeve 100% cotton shirt, close-toed shoes or leather boots, no loose or dangling jewelry, and tie back long hair. What you wear will likely get dirty.
- Do not come into the Lab if you have a cough, fever, or feel sick in the past 14 days.