What You'll Learn
This intro class is all about preparing 2D vector designs for Laser & Vinyl cutting. It is the first prerequisite for using that Hacker Lab laser cutters if you have no prior vector design experience.
This class will introduce you to the basic tools and techniques of CorelDraw, one of the most popular design software packages available. Whether you are using the Laser Cutter, Vinyl cutter, or simply want to make great artwork for your business or home office, this will be a really helpful class!
Students will learn to use the basic tools available in Corel Draw, including:
- drawing shapes
- combining objects
- morphing designs using various
- This is the first class required for use of the Laser Cutter at the Rocklin Hacker Lab. (If you are already familiar with using design software, you may opt out of this class and sign up directly for Intro to Laser Cutting.)
What to Bring?
- Your laptop with you: There are a limited number of lab computers with the lab software available, however your own laptop is preferred.
- Flash drive with you
- Preload your laptop computer with CorelDraw or InkScape: For PCs: Load your laptop with a free copy of InkScape: Inkscape Download Page Load a (Free for 30
- days) trial copy of CorelDraw: Corel Draw Trial Download Page
- Vector Design