Soldering Electronics for Beginners - ROCELE002
Take this class to learn the basics of how to solder for electronics both for Hacker Lab members wanting to use the Soldering Stations, and those who just want to learn to solder. Beginners are welcome! This class is for adults, but children aged 12 and older are welcome to accompany their parents.
This class covers the basic of through-hole soldering including setup, using solder whick and solder suckers, and preventing cold-joints.
This is a hands on class: attendees will assemble a small PCB based project by soldering on through-hole components.
- Safety when soldering
- What a soldering iron is
- What solder wick is, solder suckers are, and why you'll definitely need them at some point
- Soldering Iron - Hako 936 - SAC
- Soldering Iron - Hako 936 - ROC
- Soldering Iron - Metcal MX-500P - SAC
- Soldering Iron - Metcal MX-500P - ROC
This is a hands on class geared for beginners and is hands-on so please dress appropriately.
This class is for adults, but children aged 12 and older are welcome with parent or guardian direct supervision.