CANCELLED: Metal Shop - ROCMTL001
Intro to Metal Fabrication is your introduction to the use of our metal fabrication tool bench. This class is required for Hacker Lab members who want to use the metalworking tools for their projects.
The bench includes a mini lathe, mini milling machine, drill presses, shear, brake, and numerous hand tools. Attendees will perform setup, machining, and troubleshooting operations to gain confidence in shop and learn to use the equipment safely.
This course is intended to provide safety and an overview of operation of the varios metalworking tools at Hacker Lab, as well as some high-level machining topics.
- How to safely set up, operate, and troubleshoot the HackerLab metal fabrication tools.
- These include drill press, lathe, milling machine, shear, brake, and numerous hand tools.
- Attendees will learn to safely perform fundamental operations on these machines to gain confidence and control.
- Members successfully completing this introductory course will be able to safely perform basic machine and hand tool operations using the metal working tool bench under some safety supervision.
- Drill Press - Delta ShopMaster
- Mini Milling Machine
- Mini Lathe
- Metal Cutting Band Saw - Grizzley G0561
- Metalshop Hand Tools - ROC
Bring a notebook, writing instrument, and a flashdrive to download manuals.
Closed toe shoes or leather boots are ideal, and student wearing open toed shoes will not be permitted to participate. Don’t wear anything that you don’t mind getting dirty. Bring safety glasses/hearing protection if you have them.
This class is required for those wanting to use Hacker Lab Rocklin's metalshop.