Intro to Metal Fabrication - Metalshop
This class will cover proper use of essential tools used in metal shop. Tools include band saw, chop saw and drill press. You will get a demonstration, and then a chance to try it for yourself!
This is a certification class which will allow members to use Hacker Lab's Metalshop for their projects, and a pre-requisite for MIG welding.
Please note: this is a small group class and there may be up to 4 attendees in addition to the instructor. If you would like a more personalized experience, consider taking a 1-on-1 class instead!
- Students will finish the class with a full understanding of the proper use of Hacker Lab metal fabrication tools.
- The instructor will take time to explain which tool can be used for which job and which material works the best.
- The tools we have will allow students to cut and join steel and aluminum.
- Chop saw
- Band saw
- Drill press
- Angle grinder
- Flat bar bender
- Tubing roller
- Bench grinder
- Air compressor
- Please make sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early and sign our general release of liability agreement.
- While we have some PPE available, you MUST bring your own mask (N95 or greater), and we suggest you bring your own safety glasses. Masks must be worn correctly while inside the facility.
- Please wear shop-appropriate clothing: long pants, close-toed shoes, no loose or dangling jewelry, and tie back long hair.
- Do not come into the Lab if you have a cough, fever, or feel sick in the past 14 days.