ROC-100: Intro to MIG Welding with Project
What You'll Learn
This great intro class will cover basic techniques for MIG welding, through demonstration and hands on experience. We will also discuss welding safety, and some basics about what MIG welding is and how it is applied in industry.Each student will have a chance to make a small project as part of the class.
- Welding safety overview.
- Explanation of components and adjustments of a Lincoln or Hobart 180 MIG welder.
- Demonstration and practice of a proper weld puddle.
- Demonstration and practice of welding two pieces of steel together
- Upon completion of the class students will also be prepared to attend the Metal Fabrication Labs, which will give students an opportunity to work on their own metal fabrication projects.
- Wear 100% cotton pants and a long sleeve 100% cotton shirt. Closed toe shoes or leather boots are ideal. Don’t wear anything that you don’t mind getting dirty or burnt. Bring safety glasses, leather gloves, welding helmet and welding jacket if you have them.
This class is a prerequisite for the Oxy
- Acetylene Heating & Welding class.
- MIG Welding
- Welding Safety