ROC-100: Intro to Oxy-Acetylene Welding
What You'll Learn
Take this class to learn the basics of Oxy-Acetylene Heating & Welding. This intro class will cover basic techniques for welding through demonstration and hands-on welding experience. We will also discuss welding safety, and some basics about what Oxy-Acetylene heating and welding is, and how it is applied in industry. Students will finish the class with an understanding of the components, adjustments of the gases, how to light the welder, and experience welding mild steel.
- Explanation of Oxy-Acetylene welding and how to adjust and operate the unit.
- Demonstration on how to light the torch and balance the gases
- Demonstration on how to form a weld using Oxy-Acetylene
- Demonstration on how to add metal to a weld
- Demonstration on how to connect two pieces of metal together.
- Demonstration of how to heat metal for bending
- Each of these demonstrations will have a hands-on experience portion for students.
- Oxy-Acetylene Welding
- Welding Safety
Wear 100% cotton pants and a long sleeve 100% cotton shirt. Closed toe shoes or leather boots are ideal. Don’t wear anything that you don’t mind getting dirty and possibly burnt. Bring safety glasses, leather gloves, welding helmet and welding jacket if you have them. (Hacker Lab has safety equipment if you need to borrow some.)
Pre-requisite: Students must have taken "Intro to MIG Welding" or have similar experience before taking this class.