What You'll Learn
This class provides hands-on training in 3D Printing and rapid prototyping. We will contain a brief history of 3D printing, the different types of printers, available CAD systems, interface software, and available/common materials.
This class focuses mainly on the Ultimaker 2+ 3D printer and the Cura slicer program, however the MonoPrice printers will be covered if time permits. We will also cover the filaments we use for the printers, their care and what other types are available.
- We will review:
- Our reservation, logging, and pricing systems
- High points of the 31 year history of 3D printing
- Online services for 3D printing
- Available CAD training
- Operation of the Ultimaker 2
- Minor setup and maintenance Specifically for the Ultimaker 2+:
- Leveling the bed
- The SD card and menu
- Launching a print
- Watching for errors
- Removing your print
- Unclogging the extruder
- This class is required to use the Ultimaker2 and MonoPrice 3D printers in either our Sacramento or Rocklin locations.
- 3D Resin Printing