Beginning Soldering for Jewelry
If you’re interested in learning how to make jewelry but don’t have any experience working with metal, this class is for you.
This class is a basic introduction to soldering for jewelry fabrication. In this class, you’ll learn how to melt different types of metal, solder different types of metal, and learn about heat, tools, and the properties of different metals. You’ll leave the class with a piece of your own handcrafted jewelry.
Though open to beginners, if you're completely new to jewelry working, we suggest you take Metalworking for Jewelry first. That said, there is no prerequisite for this class, and the next class in this lineup is Intermediate Soldering for Jewelry.
- Metalworking & Forming Techniques
- Practice Fusing Metals
- Metal Properties
- This is a group class - there may be up to 3 students in attendance. We offer this same class as a 1on1 session, please check out our calendar to find out more.
- Please make sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early and sign our general release of liability agreement.
- Please review the current policies regarding visiting Hacker Lab during the pandemic.
- All tools and materials will be provided for this class. However if you have and would like to bring a jeweler's saw or any other jewelry making tools please feel free.
- Please wear shop-appropriate clothing: long pants, close-toed shoes, and tie back long hair. What you wear will likely get dirty.
- Do not come into the Lab if you have a cough, fever, or feel sick in the past 14 days.