Woodturning & Wood Lathe Basics - 1-on-1 with/ Marc
What You'll Learn
The wood lathe is an amazing tool designed to help you carve railings, chair and table legs, and other intricate wooden pieces.
This class is a two hour safety and tool use class designed to get you up to speed quickly and is part of our Makerspace Training.
It is a required class for anyone wishing to use the Wood Lathe in the Woodshop at the Sacramento Hacker Lab.
- We'll Cover:
- Wood Lathe Safety
- Operation of Hacker Lab's Grizzly Wood Lathe
- Please make sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early and sign our general release of liability agreement.
- Masks must be worn correctly while inside the facility.
- Do not come into the Lab if you have a cough, fever, or feel sick in the past 14 days.
- This class will be taught in our makerspace, so wear shop appropriate clothing: close-toed shoes, N95 respirator, long-pants, no jewelry, no loose or dangling clothing, & securely tie back long hair.