What You'll Learn
Take this class to learn the basics of TIG Welding. This great intro class will cover basic techniques for TIG welding through demonstration and hands-on welding experience. We will also discuss welding safety, and some basics about what TIG welding is and how it is applied in industry. Students will finish the class with an understanding of the components, adjustments of a TIG welder and experience welding mild steel.
- Explanation of a TIG welder and how to adjust and operate the unit.
- Demonstration on how to sharpen and install tungsten rod.
- Demonstration on how to form and maintain a weld puddle.
- Demonstration on how to add filler metal to a weld puddle.
- Demonstration on how to connect to pieces of metal together.
- Each of these demonstrations will have a hands-on experience portion for students.
- Upon completion of the class students will also be prepared to use the Metal Fabrication Labs, which will give students an opportunity to work on their own metal fabrication projects.
- TIG Welding
- Welding Safety
Wear 100% cotton pants and a long sleeve 100% cotton shirt. Closed toe shoes or leather boots are ideal. Don’t wear anything that you don’t mind getting dirty and possibly burnt. Bring safety glasses, leather gloves, welding helmet and welding jacket if you have them.
This class is a prerequisite for the Intermediate TIG class.