What You'll Learn
- Starts with a safety orientation and introduction to safety features of the tools available.
- Then participants will get down to using each of the tools in the wood shop.
- Use and safe operation of the Bandsaw, Joiner/Planer, Thickness Planer, and Circular Saws.
- Participants will know how to inspect a tool for defects, how to safely change blades, how to adjust the saw to maximize cutting accuracy, and will see demonstrations of safest methods for using Hacker Lab's woodworking equipment.
- Thickness Planer
- Circular Saws
- Please make sure to sign our general release of liability agreement before class.t the teacher’s consideration, classes with 2 or fewer students signed up may be cancelled and students asked to re
- enroll in the next class. This class is part of our Maker Space Training. It is a required class for anyone wishing to use the wood shop power tools at the Sacramento Hacker Lab.