CNC Milling & The Tormach Use - Safety & Basic Use - ROCCNC006
This class is required for anyone wishing to use the Tormach PCNC 1100 Milling Machine at the Rocklin Hacker Lab. This class is a two-hour safety and tool use class designed to prepare you for the 1-on-1 Lab portion of the Tormach milling program which can be done during the Machine Shop Office Hours class.
By then end of this course you should not expect to be a professional machinist. The main goal is to teach how to operate the Tormach in a way that will keep both you and the machine safe, and allow you to begin practicing to develop your skills.
This class will cover:
- CNC Principles
- Milling Safety
- Basic Tormach-Specific Procedures
- Operation Routines2.5 Axis & 3 Axis Milling Principles
- Tormach PCNC 1100 Series 3 CNC Mill - ROC
Please be aware, unlike many of Hacker Lab's other classes, this course has STRICTLY ENFORCED prerequisites:
- Rocklin: Intro to Metal Shop
- Recommended but not required: A Fusion 360 Course (if you have no prior CAD experience, consider taking Design & Build: Fusion 360 Project with Shopbot prior to this)
Additionally, this class requires at least one attendance of a Rocklin Machine Shop Office hour to be certified for Tormach use, please see the calendar for details.
Continued Learning: This course does NOT cover the Tormach rotary 4th axis. An Additional Course is required to learn how to safely setup, operate and utilize the rotary 4th axis. Additional technique building will be periodically available to build on specific milling techniques and practices