CANCELLED: Woodshop - Part 1 - ROCWOD001
This Woodshop class is a four hour safety and tool use class designed to get you up to speed on Hacker Lab's woodworking tools. It is not intended to be an advanced woodworking or project class.
We will first cover the basics in the classroom focusing on safety and accuracy. Then you will be hands on working directly with the various saws and tools, including the SawStop table saw and the Miter Saw.
- Starts with a safety orientation and introduction to safety features of the tools available.
- Hands-On time with the main tools in the WoodShop.
- Participants will learn how to make accurate cuts in wood using the Hacker Lab Table, Miter, and Band saws.
- Participants will know how to inspect a saw for defects, how to safely change blades, how to adjust the saw to maximize cutting accuracy, and will see demonstrations of safest methods for making cuts in wood using the Hacker Lab saws.
- Table Saw - Shopbot - ROC
- Miter Saw - ROC
- Band Saw - ROC
- Belt Sander - ROC
- Router Table - ROC
Please make sure to sign our general release of liability agreement before class.t the teacher’s consideration, classes with 2 or fewer students signed up may be cancelled and students asked to re-enroll in the next class.
This class is part of our Maker Space Training. It is a required class for anyone wishing to use the WoodShop power tools at the Rocklin Hacker Lab.