ROC-200: Intro to Industrial Sewing Machine
What You'll Learn
This class gets you started with an Industrial sewing machine. Learning to use the Overlock Industrial sewing machine is the next step in gaining full access to the Rocklin textile lab. This machine is also sometimes called a Serger because it serges seams (trims and sews at the same time). This class is designed to introduce you to more uses of industrial sewing machines.
- Industrial Sewing with the Seger
- Serger (Overlock Machine) basic use and operation
- Develop your skills past basic sewing
- Industrial Sewing
- Overlock Serger
Prerequisite - Intro to Basic Sewing at Hacker Lab OR proficiency with baseic home-use sewing machines.
This class functions as certification to use the Industrial Sewing machines at Hacker Lab - for certification of Basic Sewing Machines (Berninas) please take Intro to Basic Sewing.
- Closed toe shoes or leather boots are ideal, and student wearing open toed shoes will not be permitted to participate.
- Don’t wear anything that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Bring safety glasses/hearing protection if you have them.
- Long hair must be tied back.