3D Printer Useage and Basic Operation - ROCCNC004
This class targets the safety and basic use of Hacker Lab's 3D printers, and is required prior to using the TAZ, Ultimaker, or Monoprice printers.
Ideal for rapid prototyping, art, and one-off designs, 3D printing has widely grown from a technique only available to large corporations, to being an essential tool for innovative companies and DiYers alike.
This course teaches the toolchain for printing a 3D model, as well as a subset of the various parameters available to you. Please note however, this class does not cover 3D CAD or Modeling itself, however it will cover the slicer program Cura.
- Our reservation, logging, and pricing systems
- High points of the 31 year history of 3D printing
- Online services for 3D printing
- Available CAD training
- Operation of the Ultimaker 2
- Overview of Cura, the slicer & gcode creation program
- Minor setup and maintenance Specifically for the Ultimaker 2+:
- Leveling the bed
- The SD card and menu
- Launching a print
- Watching for errors
- Removing your print
- Unclogging the extruder
- Ultimaker 2+ - ROC
- Ultimaker 3 - ROC
- MP Select Mini 3D Printer - ROC
- Lulzbot TAZ 5 3D Printer - ROC
This class is required to use the Ultimaker2 and MonoPrice 3D printers in either our Sacramento or Rocklin locations.