ROC-SCE: Intro to TIG Welding
What You'll Learn
Take this class to learn the basics of TIG Welding. This great intro class will cover basic techniques for TIG welding through demonstration and hands-on welding experience. We will also discuss welding safety, and some basics about what TIG welding is and how it is applied in industry. Students will finish the class with an understanding of the components, adjustments of a TIG welder and experience welding mild steel.
For all classes:
- Bring a notebook, writing instrument, and a flashdrive to download manuals & save work.
- Students will be required to sign Hacker Lab's general liability waiver prior to the start of the class.
- This class is run in partnership with Sierra Community Education, additional Hacker Lab courses may be required in order to be certified to use Hacker Lab equipment for personal projects.
- For issues with ticketing, rescheduling, etc. please contact Sierra Community Education through their website, http://sierracommunityed.org/ .
- This class is intended as a getting started / safety / introductory class and does not provide industry recognized certifications.
For Makerspace/Shop classes:
- Closed toe shoes or leather boots are ideal, and student wearing open toed shoes will not be permitted to participate.
- Don’t wear anything that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Bring safety glasses/hearing protection if you have them.
- Long hair must be tied back.