Basic Sewing with a Domestic Machine - ROCTXT001
This is the introductory Sewing class required for those who would like to use the domestic (Bernina 1008) sewing machines in the Rocklin textile lab, however it is also a great class for those with their own household machines to learn correct setup, use, and operation.
This class is hands on - participants will create a small project to build proficiency with household machines in a learn-by-doing style.
- Basic sewing safety
- Learn the parts of the machine
- How to thread sewing machines, set thread tensions, and wind a bobbin
- Basic sewing machine maintenance
- Hone your sewing skills on practice paper
- Bernina 1009 Sewing Machines
- Textile Lab - ROC
This class is Required to use the Bernina Sewing Machines in the Rocklin Sewing Lab.
Children ages 16 and older are welcome when accompanied by a parent or guardian.