ROC-100: Intro to Metal Shop
What You'll Learn
Intro to Metal Fabrication is your introduction to the use of our metal fabrication tool bench. The tools include a lathe, milling machine, drill presses, shear, brake, and numerous hand tools. Attendees will perform setup, machining, and troubleshooting operations to gain confidence in shop.
- Members will learn how to safely set up, operate, and troubleshoot the HackerLab metal fabrication tools.
- These include drill press, lathe, milling machine, shear, brake, and numerous hand tools.
- Attendees will learn to safely perform fundamental operations on these machines to gain confidence and control.
- Members successfully completing this introductory course will be able to safely perform basic machine and hand tool operations using the metal working tool bench under some safety supervision.
- Bring a notebook, writing instrument, and a flashdrive to download manuals.
Closed toe shoes or leather boots are ideal, and student wearing open toed shoes will not be permitted to participate. Don’t wear anything that you don’t mind getting dirty. Bring safety glasses/hearing protection if you have them.
This class is required for those wanting to use Hacker Lab Rocklin's metalshop.
- Drill Press
- Milling Machine Applications
- Properties of Materials Suitable for Machining