What You'll Learn
This class is required for anyone wishing to use the Tormach PCNC 1100 Milling Machine at the Rocklin Hacker Lab. This class is a two-hour safety and tool use class designed to prepare you for the 1-on-1 Lab portion of the Tormach milling program.
By then end of this course you should not expect to be a professional machinist. The main goal is to teach how to operate the Tormach in a way that will keep both you and the machine safe.
- Milling SafetyCNC
- Basic PrinciplesTormach-Specific
- Operation Routines2.5 Axis & 3 Axis Milling Principles
- CNC Mill OperationTormach Specific Fusion 360 CAM for Milling
Please be aware, unlike many of Hacker Lab's other classes, this course has STRICTLY ENFORCED pre-requisites, some of which are currently only offered at our Rancho Cordova location:
- Rocklin: Intro to Metal Shop
- Rancho Cordova: Intro to Computer Aided Machining
- Rancho Cordova: Intro to Manual Mill
- Rancho Cordova: Intro to Computer Aided Machining (CAM)
- Recommended but not required: A Fusion 360 Course (if you have no prior CAD experience, take this in any of our locations)
Please make sure to sign our general release of liability agreement before class.
Additionally, this class requires at least one attendance of a Rocklin Machine Shop Office hour to be certified for Tormach use, please see the calendar for details.
Continued Learning: This course does NOT cover the Tormach rotary 4th axis. An Additional Course is required to learn how to safely setup, operate and utilize the rotary 4th axis. Additional technique building will be periodically available to build on specific milling techniques and practices