Intro to Metalshop - SCE
Intro to Metal Fabrication is your introduction to the use of our metal fabrication tool bench. The tools include a lathe, milling machine, drill presses, shear, brake, and numerous hand tools. Attendees will perform setup, machining, and troubleshooting operations to gain confidence in shop.
- Drill Press - Delta ShopMaster
- Mini Milling Machine
- Mini Lathe
- Metal Cutting Band Saw - Grizzley G0561
- Metalshop Hand Tools - ROC
For all classes:
- Bring a notebook, writing instrument, and a flashdrive to download manuals & save work.
- Students will be required to sign Hacker Lab's general liability waiver prior to the start of the class.
- This class is run in partnership with Sierra Community Education, additional Hacker Lab courses may be required in order to be certified to use Hacker Lab equipment for personal projects.
- For issues with ticketing, rescheduling, etc. please contact Sierra Community Education through their website, http://sierracommunityed.org/ .
- This class is intended as a getting started / safety / introductory class and does not provide industry recognized certifications.
For Makerspace/Shop classes:
- Closed toe shoes or leather boots are ideal, and student wearing open toed shoes will not be permitted to participate.
- Don’t wear anything that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Bring safety glasses/hearing protection if you have them.
- Long hair must be tied back.